Duties as SIU
- Investigate criminal acts such as homicides, sexual assaults, armed robberies, home invasions, and property crimes such as burglaries.
- Interview informants, suspects, and witnesses to ascertain alibis, clues, time frames, and possible suspects.
- Track and work directly with SIU Tactical Squad (Warrant Squad)
- Perform surveillance and monitor suspects.
- Exchange information and coordinate activities with other departments.
The applicant must:
Possess the rank of Staff Sergeant or higher
- Pass the initial interview phase
- Have no strikes within the past 2 weeks of applying (Any prior strikes, including strikes that occurred before the 2 week period, will be investigated by SIU command)
- Any strike that you attain while in SIU may result in immediate removal from the division
- Complete SIU Training
SIU Command Staff
Director:  L. Caldwell
Deputy Director: TBD
Assistant Director: TBD
Chain of Command